On the fence about planting bulbs? Feeling like what's the point? Feeling too tired of gardening by fall to plant? Is it really worth it?? All the reasons for not planting bulbs are pretty obvious. And easy to come up with. But what are the reasons for getting out there now, digging a few holes and dropping some bulbs in. A picture's worth a thousand words, so these pictures remind us of what we're heading into (ie winter) and then remind of us the wonder we can expect if we plant now. Here's our Top 5 reasons to plant and some photos to motivate and inspire.
5. Bulbs give you flowers and color when it's snowy and cold and you've given up all hope of ever seeing a color other than white or grey. Some, like the mini iris, even emerge through the snow and don't mind continual snow and cold.
4. Choosing and planting different varieties will give you flowers and color from early spring to summer.
3. There are so many different varieties of bulbs it's a chance to try new plants and add something different to your yard. From mass plantings of one kind of beautiful tulip (yes there are deer resistant varieties) to solitary planting of a Foxtail lily to Red Crown Imperial Fritillaria, bulbs can do it all.
2. Bulbs are an inexpensive way to add flowers to your yard. You can get a dozen bulbs for under $10 and fill in some space, create a splash or fill a naked space in the flower bed.
1. Bulbs are easy! Dig a hole, drop it in, and you're done. Or even dig a trench, drop them all in, cover and your're done! There can't be an easier way to add spectacular color to your garden.
We are currently on winter break and open by appointment only for the month of January. Please call us and we'll be happy to arrange a time!
124 East Cheyenne Rd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906